Swimming and Aquatics Cancellation Guidelines
Cancellation of Lessons – payment
Each Instructor in Charge, Second Instructor in Charge, Senior Instructor, Instructor and Assistant Instructor (instructor) will be provided with a weekly roster of work stating the guaranteed hours of engagement for that week.
If a school/centre believes there are extenuating circumstances which should be considered a case can be put to the Manager Sport, Swimming and Aquatics.
Examples of extenuating circumstances could include:
- Centre cancelling due to problems with the water quality – rescheduling allowed, where it is possible to do so.
- School cancelling as double booked activities – no rescheduling allowed.
- Bus break down on way to program – rescheduling likely to be allowed, where it is possible to do so, after application is made to the Manager Sport, Swimming and Aquatics
- Catastrophic bushfire day for school in risk area and school not allowed to travel – rescheduling allowed where it is possible to do so.
- High number of students absent on the day or for the whole program – no rescheduling, school can make application if they believe there are extenuating circumstances.
- Schools cancelling at late notice due to their hot weather policy – no rescheduling, school can make application if they believe there are extenuating circumstances.
Rescheduling can only occur if approval is given by the Manager Sport, Swimming and Aquatics and where it is possible to do so.
Paying for rescheduled lessons
A school can elect to pay for additional lessons on a user pays basis to replace cancelled lessons.
Cancellation conditions for schools
All schools should be advised in writing when initial bookings are made of cancellation conditions as follows:
- Program rosters will be set one week prior to the commencement of the program, based on confirmed student numbers
- Rescheduling of cancelled hours, after rosters have been set, must be approved by the Manager Sport, Swimming and Aquatics. Only in extenuating circumstances will rescheduling be allowed. (see extenuating circumstances)
- A cancellation fee may apply.